View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 12:02 PM

Default Don't make me Blush...

Haha...thanks for the compliments guys. You have some killer stuff too...especially Mark, I have some of your stuff...half my collection probably lol

And yes Mark, I need a couple more stellar Spalding gloves/items...got any?? Anyone?? Haha. The inflatable CP is a Victor, along with most of that gear in that shadow box..and the cabinet with the early baseballs is all Victor and VWD gloves/mitts.

The bats aren't actually holding the chest open, but just displayed that way nicely I thought. Cool story with the Spalding axel tree and photos you see in the trunk...came from the same Maine estate and the bat is pictured in the photo...the two photos are of the same people, same weekend, one year later...date 1891 & '92.

The old cigar box on the top shelf of the square cabinet we found when my grandfather passed away when I was 7 yrs old....inside were a bunch of old important sports newspaper clippings, wheaties box cut-outs, and ten 1934-36 pop-out cards...my cousin and I split everything...that's what got me started in collecting cards when I was a kid and eventually to all this...now I'm hunting down the sig model gloves to put next to the cards of each player, a little of his passion with mine...got 3 of the 5 so far lol

The cabinets I was able to find at local antique shops, and all match pretty nicely...two even coincidentally use the same key...was lucky with that one!! The bat rack, shadow boxes, picture frames...all made by my father...I'm very fortunate to have a super handy father that way..makes the stuff more meaningful to me also. Again, hope all enjoy. Anyone is welcome to email and chat anytime... glovejunkie@yahoo.com

Mark I need more stuff...but can't afford it...what the hell do I do??