View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Default Two sides to every story....

Well the person who I assume is the same person who reached out to me contacted me in a very upfront manner.

He made it clear they were your cards and you appreciated him pointing your cards to potential buyers for him as you were new. What he got out of this exercise was hopefully a shot at a few items you were looking to sell. Seemed fair and he was very upfront on the whole deal.

I didn’t even put an offer in. I simply asked if you had picked a price. He said you hadn’t and your concern was leaving money on the table as you were all over the place in terms of pricing. He also said you were looking to him and others to help price out these items. Which I believe as you have basically been fishing for a price since being on here with the card/cards.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152221

He then came back within the next day and simply said the deal he worked out with you was not moving forward and he was out. If I did have any interest (which I didn’t) I should contact you directly. He was very respectful of you and the situation just basically bowed out.

He did share that a few of the cards you enlisted him to shop had been sold off behind scenes. That gave him pause for concern which I understood. I would hate to go sell/broker a deal to someone I knew then to come back and have the item gone and egg on my face.

I even after this situation decided I would be nice and reach out to you, as you may be having a hard time pricing the items. I gave you the same advice I give most all folks on here.

Get them graded, pick a reputable auction house and let the market decide. Ignore all the PM’s, website links, self-proclaimed card experts, multipliers, SMR’s etc. and let the market decide for you.

In fact you said in your reply to me that quite a few guys gave you the same advice. Its good advice roll with it grade them, list them with an auction and move on. Deals go sour sometimes nature of the beast wish you the best with your sales.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 06-12-2012 at 07:23 AM.