View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default THE BIG BUYERS IN OUR HOBBY

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

No this post is not going to list all of the big buyer in our great hobby. What it is going to do is hopefully let some people know that most of the BIG money buyers out there are, believe it or not, are true collectors. I know and deal with three of the top buyers in the market today (there privacy is going to be saved so don't ask) All I hear lately is how most true collectors are getting priced out of the market, but I see time after time those same exact "True Collectors" many of these great board members, cashing in on the high end buyers and there insane money. I guess my complaint is, don't cry on this board about getting out bid on items that you "think" is being bought by none educated buyers and investors. Believe it or not they are being bought buy great collectors who deserve these items and have been collecting for a very long time. By the way they all read this board and see your posts. Just a little gripe. I know most of the people here don't know who I am but I think most people don't realize that the whole hobby reads this board now. Just a post from a very little guy in our great vintage world.
Trevor Hocking

p.s. I do love you guys. I read everyday.