View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:47 PM

Mike,

To save a long explanation, my editor, former Sports Collectors Digest editor in chief, Tom Bartsch, tried and tried to get it into paper print, but the cost at Amazon for a print on demand for just plain paper would have been about $72, and for all photo paper, $95.

So, the book is only available as an E-book on a CD for $30, whereby you would insert the disk into the disk drive of your computer and read it on your screen, or on Amazon as a digital download for only $9.99.

Believe me, Mike, at 480 pages, you're getting a load of information, a treasure trove of stories and anecdotes, and some good insight on these once-free prizes that always seemed to prove expensive at the time, kinda hard-to-very hard to get back in the day, and tough to get AND expensive today. Hence, my book's title---NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. Oh yes, I almost forgot, there's also approx. 32 color photos (1 b&w), with at least one picture for each of the 20 chapters.

I do want to convey my thanks for sharing how you came to own those two prize pieces. They are .... tough to find the words .... the stuff that dreams are made of ..... for the regional / food rarity connoisseur.

Whatever you decide, bro, and I mean this, I am happy for you that you came to own them. You certainly must have taken good care of them once you bought them, and discovered them in the collection. Again, now that they're graded / encapsulated, they make marvelous display and conversation pieces. There's a boatload of '62-63 Topps baseball; you can count the number of essentially mint unfolded JELL-O boxes in one breath.

Best regards, my fellow collecting warrior. --- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 04-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.