View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Makes sense Ted, ill need to look into that more but could be exactly why we see these only on SC. You are thinking the sheets were printed with f & bs and then sorted by the big red sheet # to get cut and sent to the appropriate factory. Cool.

I've seen a Gilbert with a 30 and we know he is part of the 649 OP backs Tim describes and could be the centre bottom card for those sheets. As well, on the article sheet example the Sheckard & Goode are side by side because of this sweet card that Brian posted.

Keep it up guys, this discussion is great and its possible we could get a good start on a few sheet layouts.
Chris

As, I'm sure you know, I have posted a thread on my theory that the T206 (and T205) sheets were formatted with 12 cards across a row. Check-out this thread
posted in 2007......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=T206+sheets

My research into the type of printing press that American Lithographic employed to print these cards had a 19-inch track width. T206's are approx. 1 1/2 inches wide;
therefore, you can print 12 such cards across a 19-inch wide cardboard sheet. Thereby sheets of 36, 48, 60, 72 & 96 cards were printed.

Furthermore, this theory is reinforced by the fact that the make up of the various series of T206's, 1910 COUPON & RED CROSS subjects are for the most part divisible
by the factor 12. And, where they are not, Double-Prints were added. Such as the HINDU sheets of 34 subjects that were printed on 36-card sheets. Or, the 460-only
series of 46 subjects that were printed on 48-card sheets (in which DUFFY and FORD were Double-Printed).

Look, I don't care to get into another confrontation with others on this forum, who differ with this. My theory is based on valid research. I have additional examples of
American Lithographic printed sheets that support this.

TED Z