Thread: E-Bay purchase?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 08:52 AM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When I was looking over it again, I noticed a "poor" comment beside the title/description that I didn't originally recall seeing? I assume the seller can edit their ad anytime they like? Not suggesting they did, I just don't recall seeing it?
Once a bid is placed on the card, the seller CANNOT change anything about the listing. The only thing that they can do is append the description (which is obvious to see), but everything original will be there as it's locked by eBay when the user should go and try to make any edit. I think in this case, you must have missed the "Poor" comment.

Quote:
Immediately after I won the card, I requested a pic/scan of the back of it, to which I received no reply? I sent another 3 messages and still no reply??
Not uncommon, but not the best practice by sellers. If it's someone who doesnt frequently sell on eBay, they probably would only check the site once they know all their items have sold and even then, they aren't in a rush. Customer service obviously isn't their #1 concern.

Quote:
Yesterday, I finally received my invoice from E-Bay to pay for this card, which seemed late to me?
If I recall, this is actually the eBay default. Some users change their setting to send an invoice immediately, some after 1 day, and some even, say, a week.

Quote:
I finally received a reply today which stated: "If a back picture is a condition of you paying, you need to say that before you bid, not after"
The reply still didn't show/have a scan/pic of the back of the card.

I am looking for some advice here? Am I obligated to pay for this card simply because I won it even though, after ignored multiple requests for more info about it went unanswered?
The fact they finally replied today but still didn't provide a pic/scan of the back?
Yes, you are obligated to buy it. You bid on the item knowing that there wasnt a back scan. Just because there wasnt and you missed part of the overall description, and they were slow to respond to your messages (which they technically arent obligated to do), does not mean you aren't contractually obligated to complete the transaction by paying for it.

We've all done this before, myself included (multiple times).

Pay for the item and consider it a very cheap $11 lesson.

In the future, either ask for the back scan before bidding, or just know that you are taking a risk. Most users on this site either demand a back scan or just skip the auction entirely.

Hope this helps