View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by argpdt View Post
I find that as soon as I complete a project/goal, I am already in progress on another goal. I also find that I don't look through cards that I already own nearly as much as I search to buy cards that I don't have yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midmo View Post
I'm finding that I don't have the desire to own as much as I once did so I'm trying to focus my collection more towards quality over quantity. I much prefer displays where I can enjoy them all the time rather than boxes of stuff in the closet.
This is a great post, thank you. I thought it was only me that found it weird to spend more time looking than enjoying. I've found when I've completed a set, I then look to upgrade certain aspects. I also think I purposely don't complete a set. For example, I am one card away from completing my Ex-Mt 1958 football set. I need a common, and I keep putting it off.

In addition, I find if I pick up a great card that I've been searching for awhile, I immediately then want to get to the next big one on my list. It's friggin' weird.

I narrowed down my collector focus too (as I get older). I dropped some memorabilia chases and focused more on cards, which still brings me back to my youth.