View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:02 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Someone already posted the averages of DH hitters around the league. They were not very high. The line ups are clearly better in the American League. Again, I will use the example of the free agent NL powerhouse pitcher who AL teams are reluctant to sign because they aren't sure how good they will be. That's because the AL is a stronger hitting league and it's not because of one additional guy.
Like what example......but the one additional guy probably gets 80 more rbis and 20 more homers than the guy guy in the NL...... where every out is tough for a no hitter , one additional guy is huge.....we arent talking seasons here...we are talking about those one or two of the best starts of a season for a pitcher on a particular night...getting to face a pitcher 2 times at least......plus as long as the NL pitcher goes to the AL and does better than 90% of AL pitchers that are there thats all teams are looking for..i think you are referring to fantasty baseball statistics...i dont care if i am paying a guy 'ace' money and his era is 6.7 as long as the league average is 8.0...for example...

so Kershaw would suck in the NL i guess.....plus its very common guys in the NL that have gotten no-nos like Heston....if the hitting is so weak in the NL...then again, that would support my argument that NL no hitters dont compare to AL no hitters ...so i guess you are supporting my argument in another way....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-11-2016 at 08:03 AM.