View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I do like to complete sets so I usually only collect sets that I think I can complete. It's probably one of the reasons I haven't ever collected T206s. Since the T205 set can be considered complete at 208 as a basic set without the different variations, I can probably convince myself that I completed it if I eventually get all but a few of the high priced variations, but to be honest it will probably still bug me a little if I don't have them all.
Jay, that makes perfect sense, set your collecting goals as you like, and don't worry about what anyone else does or thinks.

One of the big advantages of my working on so many sets at once is that whenever I look online, at an auction catalog, or attend a show, I literally always seem to be able to come across something that is reasonably priced and in presentable shape that is either needed for a set I'm working on, or is a type card of some set I don't already have an example of. I truly embrace the feeling that the thrill is in the hunt, and not as much so in the kill, to use a metaphor. My downfall is I use the Krause/SCD catalog as my checklist template from the one year they also sold the catalog as a CD (2009 I think). Makes it nice to just highlight items on the pdf file to check off what you have. And you can add notes and comments as you like, and print off any pages for reference or to take with you. The problem is you now have the entire freakin' catalog as a digital checklist so you start checking off everything in it that you already have, and it encourages you to keep collecting and checking more and more things off. Definitely gives you something to keep busy at. LOL

Last edited by BobC; 10-01-2021 at 06:29 PM.