View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Default adding a picture

Posted By: Joann

Rob,

The easiest thing to do is use the "Insert Object" Button at the bottom of the page where you type in your posts. I think there are instructions in the Forum Rules link. If not, then briefly:

Hit the Insert Object Button

Click on Temporary Files in the left hand panel. It will tell you there are no temporary files.

Hit Browse and go to the place on your hard drive where your image is (and hit "Open" from the normal Browse window).

Hit "Upload"

It will upload the image.

When you see the filename on the Left Panel, click on the "insert object" (or "insert file" or whatever) that is in yellow letters on the bottom of the right hand panel.

Limitations are:

1) An individual file can't be more than 128K

2) Files disappear after a week.

3) There is a limit to how big your total file size can be (all images together). I don't know what it is, but if you exceed it you have to wait until the week goes by and some of the older ones fall off before adding new.

4) Once you have them there, you can't delete them - you have to wait the 7 days.

I've never been able to get a single image hosting site link to work here, despite how easy everyone says it is and seems to find it. So I use the Insert Object method.

Joann