View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJJ View Post
4 Strikes and You're Out!

Patent date of Oct. 12, 1886. From before the last rule change, I believe the rules changed around 1888-1889. Very rare umpire counter, clean but with great game use.

I would sell this to a great caretaker, can PM me.
That is one really sweet piece, JJ. I've never seen one quite like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdixon View Post
Zachs true rookies...
And Kenny... you're on some kinda roll lately... a Wheat Roll lame pun intended. But seriously, I've loved every Wheat piece you've shown Kenny, so don't stop showing 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
c. 1955-1958 Game Used Mantle Bat. Maybe not "one of a kind", but i imagine there's not too many "pounded" Mantle gamers from his triple crown/mvp years.
And Mike. I remember when you first shared your Mantle Gamer three years ago, and it was love at first sight. Seriously, since then, I've compared ever other gamer that caught my eye in any catalog to your Mantle Gem, and they were all left wanting.

Now I know that there are much older, rarer, and more expensive Bats out there, from the likes of Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, and so on. But in my opinion, your Mantle gamer is the quintessential bat in the hobby. Congrats on the ultimate keeper, Mike. Wish it were mine.