View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Craig Diamond

Default Here's a "find" - T3 Turkey Reds

Hello,

I think this can be labeled as a find for 2011.

Before having most of the cards graded and before selling any, I scanned each and every one of the cards with the idea that I was going to create a book to preserve and document their original state and create some level of provenance.

I ended up going to Walmart.com and creating a beautiful photo book measuring 12 X 12, bound with black leather covers. Each card is full-size, full color on glossy paper with a black background. I created an intro page with a brief history of the cards and specific mention of the prior owners and how the group was passed down through the years. I also labled each card underneath with full name and nickname - Frank "Piano Mover" Smith for example, as well as a note if they were HOFers and their year of induction.

I made two copies for the seller's two adult sons and also kept a copy for myself. I know there are other places to get this type of thing done, but I was able to do it easily, quicky, relatively cheaply and with beautiful results. I would absolutely recommend that anyone who comes across any type of "find" do the same thing. You'll be glad you did.

Happy New Year and Happy Collecting,
Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beasley 1.jpg (77.3 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg Beasley2.jpg (77.2 KB, 282 views)