View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Curt

I sent out a few earlier this year and one was to Bobby Doerr. He is a signing machine, but at 98, there were certainly more risks with potential damage to the card, poor signature and the unthinkable...he passes away.

I also prefer nicer cards when I do send in my few requests and had previously sent a 41 Play Ball and a 49 Bowman. This last time it was a 51 Topps Blue Back, which adds to the stress of sending it off under these conditions. It came back fast and looked great!

I don't think I will try it, but have a 50 Drake that would look fantastic, but only if signed in one of those metallic (gold, silver) paint pens. I also don't have the card itself, but would love to add a signed 38 Goudey too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Thanks for your guys input and suggestions/recommendations. Here’s my issue with sending in cards and have Brooks sign and return TTM. Brooks is 80 years old and understandably his signature is not going to be the same as it was back in the day. I’d prefer to have cards signed with his vintage signature. Since he’s the only MLB player that I actively collect I have quite the accumulation of Brooks signed items and more are of the modern variety. I still may do that, send a few in, and see how it turns out. I have the cards already so it won’t hurt to give it a try. Thanks for the address Mike; I’ve never done TTM before.

Tom - would love to see what you have of Stargell; he’s got one of those classic signature styles.

Todd - those are some awesome signed cards!