View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Default Today's Baseball and the Playoffs- O/T

Posted By: Aaron Cowan

I know it will be repeated ad nauseam that the Yanks had soooo much money in the lineup and only have an AL East Banner to show for it. I became anti-Yankees when they started spending money, and I enjoyed watching an atempt at monopolizing talent repeatedly back-fire.

There's something to be said about line-ups with the likes of Brosius, Knobloch, and O'Neill. I suppose the New Yorkers expected less from the lesser names and were pleased when success came there way. But when a line-up becomes saturated with #3 and #4 hitters and perennial all-stars then expectations exceed what even those players in all their talent can deliver. Even a team with half that talent would be under so much pressure to win it all.

It still cracks me up though that the Yankees management doesn't get it. The previous posts are dead-on....IT'S ABOUT PITCHING!! That's why the Mets had a good chance (emphasis on had), and either the Tigers and A's have a much better chance of winning the WS. I'm a Cardinals fan and know they don't have a much of chance if they make it to the NLCS. Give a team two or three good pitchers and two or three good bats and let luck be on your side to lead you to a WS.

Aaron Cowan
acowan19@gmail.com