View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
I spoke to a high end collector on his way home from the National on the phone for an hour and he said the card in hand is stunning. Like it was printed yesterday.

I have said it a thousand times but cards like this are bragging rights pieces. This is a Pop 3 with only 6 PSA 9's and 3 PSA 10's. If you own a copy of a Mantle in this grade you are in rare company and at the end of the day that matters when it comes to price.

A PSA 9 sold for 3.4 million so this price isn't shocking at all.
Any story on where the card came from or was found? It does look pack fresh, those borders look snow white.

Going to have to look into the 9 copy that sold for 3.4 mil. I don't recall hearing about that one?

Edit: Seen it was traced back to Al Rosen's find.
http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/ne...-11m-au/ntBKr/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
The Heritage 8.5 certainly has tilt and centering that would turn off many guys who aesthetically go for centering, yet it is also undeniably crisp, bright, and ultra sharp. I would grade it an 8, personally, due to the tilt and centering. That said, PSA made their assessment and it seems the overall "freshness" of the card carried it to the half point bump. Any card cracking the million dollar barrier is certainly good press for the hobby we all love.
More than likely the case, and I agree with your "Is certainly good for the hobby" opinion.

Last edited by irv; 11-19-2016 at 02:46 PM.