View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

Default 80's Uncut Sheets

Does anyone here collect or have uncut sheets of 1980's Topps cards? I'm not particularly interested in acquiring a bunch of them, but I collect all things 1986 Topps and so have been on the hunt. At the National I stumbled across a guy who had an entire cardboard box (case?) of 1986 sheets. In my experience, these are the hardest to locate of all of the years from about 1981-1994. I haven't looked sheet by sheet through it, nor have I counted the sheets yet, but a quick glance showed that there are multiples of at least a couple of sheets. The cardboard box is about an inch or so thick, and has the typical stamp on the outside that came from the cardboard box vendor who supplied Topps with its cases. The box is huge, the same size as the uncut sheets of 132 cards. The sheets lay flat, and appear to have never been rolled. This was a huge find for me, and I am still quite shocked to have located it. I must have walked by there several times and totally overlooked the little sign. The dealer had some 1985 sheets as well, and I picked up a Clemens/Davis sheet for $10. But the 1986s were the real find for me. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has seen this type of packaging for uncut sheets, or has them. I would also be curious to know if anyone else has any uncut 1986 Topps sheets, and if they agree with me that that is the hardest year to find.
kevin