View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 08:53 PM
Robert Cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanesq View Post
I sold a signed 72 Clemente thru EBAY. It was purchased years ago but not slabbed. Spence had looked at it and liked it so I bought it. Its been in my collection for years. Authenticity guarantee looked at it and sent it on as authentic. Of course they are not autograph experts. The buyer decided to return it as he could not get it through PSA in less than 30 days. I agree to take it back. Here is where the fun starts. He sends it back to EBAY authenticity and they send it back to me. They send it back with signature confirmation via Priority mail, so far so good. An issue arises when it arrives in NJ and the post office discovers they only put $5.96 postage on it. The true postage was $14.75 but their electronic label was short. Thus the postal service creates a delivery exception and sends it back to EBAY in Florida. For some reason the Florida post office gets it back and sends it thru to NJ again who again returns it to Florida for insufficient postage. It is now floating somewhere between NJ and Florida with "delivery exceptions". In the meantime EBAY has charged me back $3200 for the return. I am contesting it with my bank as I have yet to receive the card. The EBAY rep tells me they are not responsible if the post office loses it. I said with the high dollar program anything returned should be insured. He said they dont do that. They rely on signature confirmation and thats it. Needless to say this is a huge headache and I just want the signed 1972 Clemente back.
Consider a small claims lawsuit.