View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Funny that you actually listen to excuses of buyers when they choose not to buy something...that's almost like listening to sellers about why they need to sell a card to pay for medical expenses or whatever..

I have never had a problem when consigning to PWCC for example (im sure other consignors work the same as well) of a sale not going through.....solves all of the headaches.....
I don't think anybody is listening to excuses, it's more like they are volunteered by the deadbeat buyers. It's not like you have any leverage over them. They still have their money, and you still have your stuff.....waiting for their money.

Somebody SELLING their stuff for whatever reason, might be playing the sympathy card, but they certainly aren't doing anything unethical or sabotaging other peoples auctions and sales.

I'm sure PWCC has no lower of a non-paying bidder rate then myself or probably even Dan. Plus I deal mostly in memorabilia and very rarely cards. They don't want my stuff..........and likewise, I wouldn't trust them to write an accurate description of anything I was offering for sale anyways......so I don't think the answer is packing up my bags and letting somebody else sell my stuff for me.