View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Here are a few pictures of some of my collection in custom display cases....

I went for the modern commercial look when I designed these. I ended up taking wasted, unused space and turned it into a fun way to display some of my collection in an ecclectic way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mostly all part of my Nolan Ryan collection with the exception of photo of the display of autographed balls. About 60-70% of the balls are HOF'ers and guys that threw 2 or more no-hitters in a career. The rest are ball related to Ryan's career (key milestones, etc.) Enjoy!
Jeez Scott. Now I know you've told me you have one of the largest and most comprehensive Nolan Ryan collection extant. But never, in my wildest dreams, did I think that that was a gross understatement! Absolutely mind boggling. You're a sick puppy my friend, which is why I'm sure that that had a lot to do with us becoming friends... Jimmy

Also, just terrific sports rooms from all who posted! Absolutely First-Rate. Thanks to all for posting and I know that I would love to see more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeters View Post
I've shown these before, but I always keep changing things. Here are some for the basketball fans.

Early basketball net with closed bottom.

Metal busts from the Basketball HOF.

2 of my all time favorites: Charlie Criss and Connie Hawkins.

More Connie.

Game Used uniforms.

1920s and 1930s.
And to you Mr wpeters, I certainly don't need to be a Basketball fan to recognize the work of a passionate collector with a sharp eye! Well done. All good things, Jimmy

Last edited by thekingofclout; 01-13-2011 at 05:47 PM.