Thread: August pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 02:46 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

I posted this on the main board page August pick-ups, but realized I may get a better response here, I think this is where the photo collectors would hang out. I am not that knowledgeable on photos, but I am a big fan of Southern Association memorabilia. This is what I think it is:

Circa 1913 Chattanooga Lookouts, the photographer checks out, Wiles of Nashville, Tennessee. The Tennessee State Library has a collection of 60 items from Marvin Willard Wiles, photographer, who lived from 1883-1957, Wiles Photography Studio (Nashville Tennessee). The back looks like it was removed from a cabinet mount. The listing said it came from the Fred Graf estate, he played for Chattanooga from 1913-1920. I think Graf is the guy back row fourth from the right, and I think Kid Elberfeld is front row second from right. I think this is the 1914 team.

So, what do you think? Does this look like a type 1 photo? Can any of you identify the players (I suck at photo i.d., they all look like multiple players from the era). I'm just looking for opinions, thanks for any help with it.

(full disclosure, I lifted the e-bay image from the auction)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1913 Chattanooga Lookouts.jpg (77.9 KB, 345 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com