View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default VonDole~Mosser and company w/trimmed PRO cards

Posted By: Dr.Richard Koos

As far as I know, I still own BOTH worthless cards that I bought from this outfit. A 1952T Mantle "Pro" 8 ('Pro-graded' being a Politically correct synonym for restored)that I'm out $12,500 on PLUS a lovely E90-1 Jackson in "Pro" 7 that I shelled out $8,900 for. That's $21,400 worth of wall-paper that I never tried foisting off or bouncing back to anyone else in the hobby. You make an off-the-cuff mindless statement about morals like some contemptuous, idiotic, jack-ass, without putting your mind in gear before engaging your fingers. Would YOU sit with $21,400 tied up in two cards that you found out were GARBAGE after you paid CASH for them, for 2 years, and NEVER once try to foist them on some unsuspecting Ebayer? Yeah, I'll just BET you would! MORALS?? Do you own a dictionary?
It would be safe to say that EVERY Pro-graded card, at least those of pre-1960 vintage, can be assumed to be restored. From the scans of every Pro-graded card I've ever seen on Ebay, I can honestly say that I've never seen one Vintage card that DIDN'T look unaltered in some way. If you own a Pro-graded card, get it graded by SGC, PSA, or BGS for the straight scoop. You're only in denial if you don't regardless of whether it's a $100 or $12,500 card. And as far as unprovoked, uncalled for personal attacks from out of nowhere, email me at Comickeys@aol.com for directions and you can make them in person, the way they SHOULD be made before the advent of this, "I'm hiding behind my monitor from over 1000 miles away so I feel omnipotently empowered to say anything I please, right or wrong" Bologna.