View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default Other responsible parties who should contribute

Posted By: Hankron 

I firmly beleive that, as primary 'experts' listed on eBay, PSA, SGC and GAI have a responsibility to discuss this issue with eBay or published thier thoughts on these scams and scam graders. I am not suggesting that they boycott or do anything rash. I am merely saying that they should contact eBay and express their concerns (If they don't have any concerns on this issue, they certainly are not 'experts' on trading cards). I would also like to so see some mention of the issue in their publications or on their website. Their complete silence contributes to this problem and is a great shame.

I would also like to see Bill Mastro or Doug Allen contact eBay or make some other statment or act. Again, all I am asking is that they hae their thoughts on this issue heard, and am not asking them to do anything large. I beleive that, even with eBay, a contact from President or CEO of the most famous and respected sports auction house in the world (that, by the way, sold the PSA8 Wagner at eBay) would hold wieght.

I also expect Beckett and SCD should do something postive. I understand that MastroNet is eBay competition, but Beckett, SCD, GAI, PSA, SCD are not.

I will think it is a great shame if these groups who hold great respect and weight in the hobby do nothing, and I think that everyone else should think the same. Positive action on their parts will contribute greatly to the resolution to this issue.

All, I am asking is at least one email or phone call from these people and to eBay, giving support to this issue.