View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Here is a funny story. I inquired about selling on Artfact several years ago. I was told that I did not meet the quality threshold and therefore would most likely not be allowed to sell on there. They tried to reassure me by stating that most auctioneers will never be able to sell on their platform. They later decided I was now good enough to sell on there and I told them no thanks. I am glad to see they have not let go of that standard.
Reminds me of an old basketball ticket story.
For the 1992-93 and 1993-94 I had a Saturday season tkt plan for the Knicks. That was for approximately half the regular season and the entire post season.
After the 94 season ended, MSG in all its pompous splendor decided to do away with the partial ticket plans and I was now shut out though I could now buy a full season ticket plan for much more than double what I was previously paying. I am sure the execs from some corporation enjoyed my former seats.
Years later when the Knicks went south and could not make the post season I received a "pleading" letter from MSG. "Oh please,come back and we will sell you a Saturday plan now." My reply can not be printed on a family blog site .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.