View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Default Newbie questions, T206!

Greetings,

I caught the T206 bug. Help!

I have bought a few cards of late, and am now trying to learn as much about these as possible. I've been to the major sites, read the Inside T206 PDF, and have a copy of the wonderful book, The T206 Collection. I've been through the forums on this site a bit as well and have found it to be a great resource.

My goal in collecting is to have and to hold. I don't care much about grading but do care that the card looks good. So I am not so concerned about the perfect corner or a minor flaw as long as the front has nice eye value.

So with that said, I'd love to get guidance and opinions on all aspects of these cards! So, a few questions.....

1. How do you display your graded cards? I have displays for my ungraded cards and am very happy with them. I'd like to put my graded cards on a shelf as well, but would like to present them without the PSA sticker. Eg, has anyone framed them and in doing so, matted over the PSA sticker? Any suggestions on how to best display the graded cards would be great.
2. How do you display your collection out of curiosity? Case? Books? Etc.?
3. Can anyone recommend any great shops in northern NJ or in NYC?
4. Where do people buy mostly, out of curiosity? Ebay and this site? Are there other ideas for buying?
5. Any other good books, other than The T206 Collection?
6. Are there any good rubrics for pricing? I do the obvious: I peruse the completed ebay auctions, I check the sites out there that have supposed calculators, look at the guides, etc. But are there any rules of thumbs? Eg, a psa 4 common sells for about $___ and a psa 5 sells for $____??

And finally, now that I have this addiction, is there a cure??!!

I appreciate any and all comments. Answer what you can. Thanks!!

Eric