View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Curt

Dredging up on old thread, but I made my first trip to Cooperstown this past week and Baseball Nostalgia was the first shop we came upon, as we parked near Doubleday Field. Instantly it reminded me of what shops should look like (in my mind at least), although it would be nice to see a little more organization. However, not knowing what you'll find in a box or stack of items is also exciting. I just had limited time, so I was not able to look through everything.

I asked the guy running the shop if it was affiliated in any way with TCMA. I knew TCMA was out of NY at some point and with all of the TCMA related items they had, I just assumed there was some sort of connection. I don't know if this was a sore subject or he didn't want to talk about it, but the best I could get was "one of the partners". I felt uncomfortable pushing him for more, as he seemed uninterested in a discussion of any kind, so I let it drop.

I didn't catch his name and it didn't have any names on the business card, but he was a shorter guy, balding and kind of had a higher raspy voice (from the few words he spoke).