View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDave View Post
Thank you for the feedback Scott. You are all correct, it is/was a leap of faith. But as they say, If you want big rewards, you gotta take big risks.

I think it was worth the chance, it has a good back story and who knows, I could be in possession of a one of a kind piece of baseball history.

I will actually be selling off all of my Blacksox memorabilia in the next week or two. Baseball cards, autographs, tickets, programs, etc.

I would love to find a Charlie Robertson autographed baseball.....I can find his autographed index card all day long, but the signed baseball has eluded me.

Thank you again for all the feedback.

Dave.
Hi Dave,
You are certainly welcome.
FYI, I have seen 1 or 2 Charlie Robertson baseballs in the past make their way into the hobby, but it has been a number of years now.
Did you know that Charlie Robertson only would sign 3 x 5 index cards 1 day per year; the anniversary of his perfect game on April 30th?
It seems to me that OP on net 54 have use black light (or another type of light) to be able to read old writing on balls that have become illegible. You may want to try that with your ball in order to possibly gain more insight as to any remaining ink and what it says.
Perhaps others could chime in as how to do this?