View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Leon,

Now that you've opened up the door...

I really "need" that 4BH Kelly for my collection. I can only afford about $10K. I promise it wont be on ebay, Mastro's or any other auction house block at any time in the near future.

This BST is like auction houses, except with fixed prices (for the most part). I've seen people that work for auction houses buy stuff on ebay and then I see that same material in the auction house offerings.

It's all about timing and luck. If the card is up for auction on ebay for a week that would give everyone a fair opportunity to pick it up. If you weren't willing to bid high enough to win it on ebay why would you consider buying it on the BST for more cash? If the card was BINd on ebay and then being sold on the BST for a substantial amount over the purchase cost, then more than likely it was just a good deal and the lucky snot that picked it up has every right to profit on their good fortune. That person also takes the chance on the card being a reprint and having to hassle with a return and possible squabble about authenticity, etc. I think everyone knows the drill on this. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes your the windshield.