View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Just before starting law school, I worked at a pretty nice restaurant in Miami that overlooked the ocean. One day on a lunch shift, I had a party of four which included a father, mother, and their two children (a boy and a girl). The boy was wearing a cast on his arm. At the table next to theirs sat Eddie George with a GORGEOUS woman (who often frequented the establishment with famous athletes). Unfortunately, Eddie's table was not in my section, but apparently, the family struck up a conversation with him. At some point, the mom allowed the boy to get his cast autographed by him, despite her previously firm "no signatures on your cast" edict. As I was running around getting drinks or whatever, a waiter tells me Eddie George wanted to talk to me. I thought the waiter was messing with me, but he wasn't. Eddie George was exiting the restaurant, and was looking for me. He asked me how much their meal was. I told him I had to check the computer, but he just took out a wad of cash, ripped off four $100 bills and asked me if that would cover it with tip. I told him that it absolutely would. The family was thrilled to find out that Eddie George had paid their tab, but it was I who was the fortunate one. The bill was about $250 of the $400 he gave me. AND, despite my telling them that the tip was covered, the family left me an additional $50. I will always hate Ohio State (See: 2003 Fiesta Bowl), but am forever a fan of Eddie George.

Last edited by orly57; 01-16-2018 at 04:59 PM.