View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Smile

All of these horror stories about baseball players make me thankful I only had one in person autograph requests from golfers.... well and one football player. Very Positive!

I was spoiled as a young kid in the early 90’s. I had the great pleasure of meeting and receiving signatures of two of my all time favorite golfers. Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer! After hitting their tee shots on one of the holes I called for them to come over so I could shake their hands. I had a lot of guts right ? There had to be no more then 10 people around. It was a super humid July afternoon in Md. Both were gracious, saying hi, shook my hand and signed the program I had picked up from the first tee. After Arnold signed my program he said, “Son I think you may want the guy walking down the fairway behind me. I said who is he ? He said it’s Golden Arm son. I said ok who is that !! Haha how naive was I. Anyway I said hey golden arm come here and sign my program haha I was brave. He came right over kindly smiled and signed my program along with shaking my hand. When I came home and showed my pop he educated me on who golden arm was.

Last edited by Johnny630; 04-25-2018 at 06:15 PM.