View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Dan Bretta

It doesn't matter what your rules are ebay's rules supersede any rules you put on your auction. Ebay made a rule last year that supposedly went into effect in December that all seller must offer refunds on returns and that the buyer gets 14 days to return the item after they receive it. Oddly though on their listing site you can still choose "no returns" and you can even choose 3 day/7 day/14 day returns. Even with all that if someone paid with paypal they can pretty much return an item within 60 days. This happened to me with a remorseful buyer who made a paypal claim more than 30 days after he received the item and almost 6 weeks after the item ended. My auction stated 7 day returns.

On an unrelated note to all that this morning I had a discussion with a fellow who unbeknownst to me was blocked and was ticked off about it...he emailed me and told me that I sold something for way less than it was worth because he was blocked from bidding. This guy is not on my blocked bidder list so he must have at least 2 non paying bidder strikes in the last 12 months..I just changed that last week. I asked him if he has any strikes against him and he is very evasive...he wants my phone number for some reason. Creepy.