View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
Thanks for all your hard and often thankless work Leon.

In general, when seeing a thread or post that annoys, its probably best to close it and go to the next thread. Not much is gained by bashing (however much it MAY be deserved) the poster. And if you are posting multiple times negatively on a thread, you likely are just hurting yourself.

Remember its only cardboard
I am an old, old collector (in years) and enjoy the site, also a vet who has seen a lot. I also am amused some times by some of the comments made on the site and applaud Leon for his patience. The reason for me putting the quote in is that a long time ago a shop dealer said the same thing - "it is only cardboard" and that stuck with me all these years. We all hope our collections will bring big money but that is not why I collect. I do it for enjoyment and the hunt. I have been stung a few times but it was due to my own ignorance or the fact I got so caught up in buying something that was so cheap I couldn't resist. I got angry and then would realize I was to blame, not the seller. I had the right of refusal and to ask questions and look closer at the pictures. It is only cardboard. Keep up the good work Leon and don't let the swamp dwellers drag you down.