View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Frank Kealoha Ward

No He is one of my favorite players NOW

Hitting a Homerun is not hard to do... I was hitting 350'-440' aluminum bat HRs once every 20 swings, at 16 years old....... and I was drafted as a pitcher, not a hitter...

A HR is a solidly hit balls with some backspin. If youve ever hit one you know it the second you make contact, and why..... The HARD part is making the solid connection, reading the pitch out of the pitchers hand and not being fooled by the speed spin location and movement... none of that has anything to do with some shot or pill (PEDs), its pure talent and every single person that has played some upper level ball has gone through times where they just cant miss, everything they see is fat, easily read, and every swing they take they make square contact on the sweet spot (wood sweet spot 3-4", aluminum 8+")...... some HS players may only have a single batting practice where they are completely "on", some MLB players... it may last for 10-15 years...
Bautista is not a big guy, but you dont need to be big to hit a HR, just big enough to get some bat speed going, and making solid contact with some backspin.... simple

He is seeing the ball WELL, and Not Missing!! Period!

Dont hate!
If you have to Hate.......... Hate someone like Mantle for letting his career slip so bad after his 30th B-Day.... lack of hustle, period .... there is no way you can explain why the slowest player to ever play in the big leagues (Bengie Molina) averaged more doubles per 162 games played than Mantle... and dont give me the "he was injured" BS, if He could play Centerfield, He could run out a gapper or shot down the line and make it to 2B. (My M.M. rant for the week )

Last edited by fkw; 05-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.