View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Another freaking reason for Roach's corner and other crooks to take something like this, and try and pass it off as real. I mean, a potential buyer here. This seller may think he is helping some out, who want a ball but can't afford a REAL RUTH signed ball. In reality, he is just "opening the door to more crap".

But, since I don't trust a lot of people in high end autographs, I wouldn't be suprised if he is in cahoots w someone anyways. Call it negative, but its the way it is.
Scott - your statement of "this seller may think he is helping some out" is a tad of an overstatement,,, I believe his motives here are not to help somebody out, except himself. The motives of buyer and seller here are highly worrisome. The seller must be aware of the fact that somewhere along the way these balls are going to be sold as the real thing. His defense of course will be that he cannot be responsible for what happens after he sells one.
Forged artwork is hanging on the walls of museums, touted as real. I hate to think where this can lead.
And I do like the idea of this guy signing his work, that might help somewhat.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-15-2010 at 08:45 AM.