View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
From my understanding each HA person bidding, and winning, has to pay all BP.
They have profit centers, ya' know. And yes, I guess it does help consignors. Bummer....
I have won plenty of items from HA since selling my collection. I am at a loss in thinking why anyone would expect a bargain at an auction. But it seems as though some feel they are entitled to them. Hey, I like a great bargain too, I just don't feel entitled to them.
I never said they're not entitled to make a profit, or that I expect a bargain from an AH. I still bid with Heritage despite this policy, as it sounds like many others around here do.

It actually makes sense to me, as the buyers in this hobby, and probably any hobby for that matter, tend to follow the auctions with the best stuff. When deciding where to consign, a policy that offers a bit of insurance against an item falling through the cracks and closing well below market value might be the deciding factor in where to send it.