View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Wow, I'm learning all sorts of things today, because I always thought the 'problem' with the 1961 #242 Smith card was that it's tough to find centered...but there's someone around here hoarding them?? Yowza. And I never heard anything about the 1963 #496 Rookie Card before. Someone may be hoarding those as well? And it could be an SP? I looked in my 1963 binder and mine is in awful shape. Crap.

Anyone have any more back stories about these cards and situations? I find it oddly fascinating.
I sell about 5 copies of the 63 496 card on average each year and I do not recall selling multiple copies of this card to any one collector.....likely not hoarding on this card

The 1956 Topps 21 Joe Collins card was hoarded for a while last year, I sold about 20 copies to a single collector....he stopped cold turkey and the supply/prices have returned to pre-hoard levels.

The 1960 Topps 2 Roman Mejias card use to be a plentiful common card until about mid last year. Then all of the sudden they became tough to find at a reasonable price. Now copies can sell for almost as much of a premium as the 61 Hal Smith card. However, I have not sold multiple copies to any one person so hoarding by one collector does not appear to be the cause for this card's sudden scarcity.