View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Forgeries On Ebay

I was curious if anyone else is still dismayed by Ebay's lack of enforcement on the forged autos? I just read Operation Bullpen and just for curiosity I searched "Angelo Marino Lithographs" and there in plain sight was an autographed Mickey Mantle the seller is trying to sell for $155! LOL. The COA is non other than the infamous "J.Dimaggio Co." the handiwork of Wayne Bray and Greg Marino. I asked the seller what the provenance of the item was and he/she got indignant with me and said it is from the JOE Dimaggio Co. After I pointed out all the facts of the case and the piece to the buyer and reported the item to Ebay THREE times there it still sits with a COA from a company Ebay itself has banned! Just for entertainment purposes only I submitted the item to PSA for a Quick Opinion and got back "likely not genuine!" Big shocker there! It is still on the page today go see for yourself! I urge any and all collectors to read "Operation Bullpen" if they haven't already. Any input is appreciated.