View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Dave... I did read your previous post (I wouldn't of missed it for the world that you heard there may have been another B. Robby proof. I was just seeing if anyone on this forum "knows" of another 3D proof card and/or a proof from the production process for the 3D card. Like you said, you figure there would be more than one (maybe not), but it would make sense. Wouldn't they have at least had a file photo, match print photo, negative, something from the development of that proof; even "if" there is only one Brooksie 3D proof?
The 3D cards were produced by Visual Panographics for Topps, so they would have sent copies over to Topps brass or had samples for a pitch meeting. The normal Topps process of internal pitch meetings may not have happened for this product as it may have been the outside vendor trying to sell Topps on the concept.

There is a single soccer card that may be a proof as well a player named Cane from Napoli so the 3D process may have been a concept pitched to another company or this was for Topps A&BC subsidiary in England. More here: http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/se...8%20Topps%203D click thru to the Olbermann article that mentions this card (very bottom of that link on the scd site).

There are "normal" 3D proofs/uncut cards as well in multiples.

Last edited by toppcat; 01-12-2011 at 11:35 AM.