View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
In his SCD article a year or so ago KO described the many variations of each 3D card in the standard set. I saved it but don't remember the exact number. Almost all the cards have at least two back versions and several have distinct front variations. I have a set but my only variation is the Maloney dugout or no dugout versions.

Dave...you need to kidnap Woody Gelman before it is too late and hold him until he tells you all he knows. ( For any internet police who may be watching I am only kidding.... and know Dave to be a person of sound mind....well mostly )
Al-I am in the middle of some heavily researched stuff at the moment regarding not Gelman but the Shorin's. Some of it is going to be published in the Wrapper's next issue (#257) and some of it will be posted on my blog after that. If that's not enough, I am working on a guide to the early Topps cards of 1948-51. That last project will be where I dig into Gelman's particulars hopefully.

As for the Shorin family, I found a ton of new information on them over the past month and have a newfound respect for their business acumen to say the least!

As for sound mind, after that Punchouts post, I am not so sure....