View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Default New T206 player found

Posted By: Thomas J Marshall

While i didnt want to divulge too much info before the site was up it would be unfair not to with all the speculation going on.

According to Lew Lipsets encyclopedia of cards,2 Camnitz poses were part of the 3rd series,arms above head and arms at side.The letter to Howie is dated Dec 1909,long after the printing of the first series card started so its safe to say the arms folded pose isnt him.As the last person pointed out,the arms above head pose was used for the T3 card so i assume the arms at side pose is Harry(Thank you to Art M for providing the scans,and labeling them which i now feel is correct)

Ive been trying to get more info about Harry and possibly a picture that would match the card that is him but with such a short major league career photos and info of him are few and far between.Even the family i talked to doesnt have period photos of him(pre-1940) which could help identify him better.I hope that also answers Patricks question which unfortunately means i dont have an answer for you.

My initial feelings were that the arms above head picture was Harry just based on the weight/height figures for the 2 and appearance of the players on the card.Howie was listed as 4 inches shorter but 1 lb more during his career and the player with the arms at the side looks more compact,but unless they mistakenly used a picture of Harry for the T3 that theory would make no sense.

Hope this helps out.Thomas J Marshall