View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 11:48 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Doug:

As to that Brooklyn Dodgers pennant with the pinbacks on it ... are you certain its vintage? I am certain this was offered as a 1980s-era reproduction of a design style that, as far as I know, was never offered in the 1950s. I've heard other Brooklyn collectors debate this pennant's authenticity, so I'll be curious what others on this thread think....
Thank you guys for the kind words about my collection, as to Domer's question, I'm not certain of anything having to do with pennants (or most other things, ha!).

When I was a kid, I always bought pennants when I went to games (they were $1 as I remember), then stapled them to my bedroom walls, with a big circle of them on the ceiling. I believe all of those are in my parents attic, so I suppose at some point I need to track them down. I have been picking up "collectible" pennants for many years when I liked the visual, and I thought I was getting a good price, then they would go on the stack.

I'll take a closer look at the one with the pins and maybe post some better pix, if I think there is anything to look at closer.

Just because I have no real knowledge of pennants, I have always figured that there must be something in the stack that wasn't what I thought it was, and have particularly been "concerned" that one of the 1963 WS pennants was bad. The one with the more narrow placement of the tassels, has always piqued my spidey senses. It's a very soft felt, the only "stiff" feel to any of it is where it's printed, it almost feels like patches (but it is printed). Neither has anything on the back.

Doug

PS :
Rob - I like that one with the Golden Gate bridge and the batter. I feel like I remember that one from growing up going to (contrary to my collection) Candlestick as a kid. So what if I'm a NorCal Dodger fan, what's wrong with that?

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-25-2020 at 11:54 AM.