View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:22 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
Here's one for you Mark!

Day 59

I'm basing the date of this next item by the players (likeness) portrayed on the front of the box. Roberto on the left and Brooks on the right. I'm assuming the production of the game was shortly after the 71 World Series, but I could be wrong. I don't believe there is a copyright date on the box.

I'm also attaching a photo of Roberto that is similar to the caricature on the box. I know that I have seen a similar image of Brooks leaping with glove extended, but I could not find the image (maybe Mark has one?).

ca. 1971 Galoob Mr. Baseball game...

Mike,

Another wonderful item that I have not seen and didn’t even know was out there. I understand that some wouldn’t consider this a Brooks piece, but I sure would. I’ll have to add this to my waitlist.

I think this game may be a bit later than the ‘71 you presume. I’d think it was probably put out around their 2nd WS appearance in ‘79. I could be wrong, and it may be after the ‘71 WS. Probably some of the game collectors would know for sure.

As far as the Brooks image I’ve definitely seen this leaping photo before and I think it was in an ad (possibly Sporting News or something like that). Believe it was a B&W image as well. If I come across it I’ll post a pic. I know I don’t have the actual photograph itself; have a couple leaping ones, but not this one.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 02-27-2018 at 05:24 PM.