View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Default My prediction is ...

Posted By: jay behrens

the problem I have with this whole 'put an asterik by the record' thing is, I don't care how pumped up on steroids you are, you still have to make contact with the ball and hit it out of the park. If it were as simple as taking steroids to become a great HR hitter, than all of us would be in the big leagues.

Did the steroids help him hit a few more HRs than he might normally have? Sure, but he still had to hit the ball. And it's not like he was Dave Kingman at the plate. His BA was 328 the year he hit 73 and followed it up with 370 and 341. Steroids does nothing to help you raise your batting average. That is purely plate disapline and choosing the right pitch to hit.

People can whine and cry and piss and moan about steriods and Bonds supposed use of them, but irregardless of whether he did or not, he has strung together 4 incredible seasons and shows no sign of letting up. If steroids is soley responsible for Bonds ascendency, then why are not a bunch of other players aldo producing numbers like Bonds?

Jay