View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Steve Birmingham

The other problem with that sort of list is that the whole "good guy" / "not so good guy" thing is really subjective.

One of the few ebay sellers I had a problem with is almost universally held out as one of the "good guys" And since he's been around a long time, very well might be. My experience was very substandard, and I'm pretty lax about most stuff. Like don't ship for a few days, or pack something in a way that's ok but not great or annoying... I'm fine with that. (Wiped out misleading scans, undisclosed trimming and damage and being unresponsive not so much. )

So who would categorize the seller? Me, or the majority of people who've bought from him at shows etc over the years?

Similarly, I don't read someone's positive feedback on Ebay. I do read the neutral and negative feedback. And try to get a feel for whether it's reasonable. Someone leaving a negative who has low double digits, and complains about something being bought Friday night late and not shipped till Monday and not having arrived across the country by Wednesday - I ignore those. The same for people complaining about problems that are obvious in the scans or clearly stated in the description.
I had one of those, sewing kit, but incomplete, missing the thread, but having the cloth and pattern. Clearly stated the thread was not included, as well as having the word "incomplete" in the title. Negative - "Not complete, thread not included"