View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Jim McKinley

Default Great Story Ted Z

Great story Ted Z! Thank you for sharing. I had not heard that and appreciate my Berra card even more.

My favorite cards of the set...

#32 Musial. Such a great pose in front of the bat rack. My favorite card of Musial. It looks like he was in the middle of telling a story or a joke to someone standing to the left of the camera person. Posed yet relaxed. Looks like he is just someone that you want to hang out with...

#33 Reese. What else can you say except for "action shot" when action shot wasn't cool (or even around)!

#59 Mantle. I realize his back is to left field but he looks like is he just post swing. The morose and almost bored look on his face seems to say "another home run... no big deal..."

#99 Spahn. Post pitch pose. The color on this card has always popped for me. The first time I saw the card I said "Wow". I still say it sometime when I look at the card. Again, I love the fact that he is not looking at the camera for the picture. Just makes it for me.

#118 Martin. I KNOW the ball is just sitting there on the ground. I KNOW that he can't be fielding it and looking at the camera. BUT I love the way his weight is shifted slightly on his right leg... like he is about to pick up the ball and throw it over to first. Love it!

#121 Berra. The pose and color on this card are fantastic! I love the glove under the arm and the mask in the dirt in front of him. The green background just really pops for me as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (76.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (79.9 KB, 69 views)