Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Graig Kreindler

Stlcardinalsfan, thank the heavens someone did. There was some serious nail-biting going on for the duration of the auction. I'm happy with the result to an extent, but in actuality, they're still just a lot of mixed emotions.

Anywho, here are two more scans I got back today of finished works.

Cy Young, 1903, 20" x 24"

Babe Ruth, April 23, 1935, 16" x 20"

I have a good number of paintings that I need to get to my photographers soon, but I'm waiting to finish this one painting I'm working on now, which happens to be bigger than I am. Not that most things aren't. But yeah, once it's done, I can get it all in a van and take care of it at once. I just hope it happens soon!

Soooo, I hope you guys dig these two for now. I've always loved both of the images, especially the Cy Young. I feel like you don't get to see a large amount of images of him with Boston from that period. It's amazing to think that during this particular year (1903), he was 36 and STILL went 28-9. Not bad.

The Ruth is pretty cool too in that it was his first return to New York since the Yankees had let him go. It must have been awfully weird to play in the Polo Grounds as a visitor for a National League team. Weirdness.

As per usual, any comments/critiques/declarations of hatred are always appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

Graig