View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Jim McKinley

Default The Chase

What I have found is that there is definitely a cadence when collecting a set by hand.

For me, it usually starts with buying a couple of different lots to get started... Then it seems that every card in the set you see for sale is one you need! It is awesome. Every day seems to bring another new purchase to you in the mail....

After awhile, things start slowing down a bit as you start seeing fewer cards that you "need"... Less mail shows up at your door...

Then comes the long slog... Only 10 cards left.... 9 cards left... Getting each one feels like an accomplishment but the gaps between acquisitions get longer... Where is all of my mail?

And then... finally... SUCCESS! You get the last card you need and your DONE! Well... almost... you start looking at your set and realize that you need to upgrade... Wash... Rinse... Repeat...

I am three years into building my 1953 Bowman Color set. Stuck in the long slog... 10 cards left and counting...