View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
The best explanation I ever herd went something like this: Amphetamines were taken with the intent of being able to perform the way you normally would. Steroids were taken with the intent of performing better than you ever could.
If you think this you should listen to Dock Ellis describe the effects and the locker room culture of the era in the No No: A Dockumentary film.

Also, if anyone thinks that steroids were non-existent in major sports in the 70s when the East Germans had a systematic doping program in place since 73' is delusional to me. The money and importance of performance was enough to have had players experiment, esp after the 76 Olympics. Lyle Alzado was open about taking them his entire career starting in college in 1969'. If a college kid could find them, a Pro sure as heck could. Yes, not saying they did, but The Mick, Clemente and even Aaron all had ample opportunity.

Hell, Pud Galvin is the first admitted anabolic juicer in 1889!

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.