View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 10:11 PM

Default Looking for help/info on 1976 Sports Illustrated Living Legends Prints

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the forum. I’ve been a member for some time, but not active. I recently made a purchase on eBay of a wilt chamberlain and John Havlicek dual signed lithograph. This came from the Sports Illustrated living legends series.

SI released two separate releases, one of 1500 prints, and then a second run of different players of 1000 prints. The prints were signed by the athletes in pencil and sold through the magazine. The prints were created by numerous artists, one of whom was Bob Peak.

I’ve noticed that there are two types of wilt/Havlicek lithographs out there. One with a bob peak signature (not sure if facsimile or not) and one without. Mine, as pictured, does not have it.

I was wondering if any members might have some info on this variation, or have a reason to believe there are forgeries. There seem to be many without peak. My piece is serial numbered to /1000 like the others and is also JSA certified, but that is nothing more than an opinion. I’ve seen similar exemplars and many without the Peak auto, but I’m very interested of any members may have more insight into this. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk