View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I'm gonna say 17 in '97. It was just the perfect combination of childhood and adulthood. I could finally drive(got my license a little late), and although it was just a beat up '85 Chevy Blazer, I still miss that thing. I was finally getting laid. What's not to like about that? It was the last year that I played ball. I obviously miss playing ball more than that old Blazer.. Also, my first year wrestling varsity and qualifying for the State Tournament. I was getting good grades. And I remember ever so slightly getting back into collecting, when I finally decided to same some money and buy that '82 Topps Ripken that I always wanted(granted, I partially used a '74 Winfield in trade). But that Ripken is still one of my favorite cards to this day.. Plus the Indians were in the World Series that year. Still wish they would've won though.

Also, my father had his 2nd stroke when I was 16, and has gotten himself healthy and taken really good physical care of himself since then. So, In a way, I guess age 17 for me was a good one, because it was perhaps the first of many full good healthy years for him.

Last edited by novakjr; 07-15-2011 at 07:46 AM.