View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 11:22 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
You either want to argue or completely misconstrued/misunderstood what I wrote. Gonna try 1 more time and not make a history lesson out of it.

Koufax stood up for his beliefs (rightly so!) in 1 big game! Clemente faced racism most of his career including levels of despicable that I suspect Koufax never had the opportunity to know (that made it arguably harder for him to achieve greatness). Having parks and schools named after you is a sign of honor and respect - I suppose you couldn't find one named after Koufax. Not sure what you mean about the snowflake reference, but I believe the question was about Clemente or Koufax - not Jefferson!

Koufax was great

Clemente was THE Great One!

The END
Let me explain something that even a three year old will understand. This thread is about opinions, not facts. There is no 'correct' answer to the question at hand. So as much as you love thinking yours is the only opinion that counts, that's all it is, YOUR OPINION. And, for the record, I didn't even say who I personally think is better, greater, bigger or whatever. And you keep talking about parks and schools, which is laughable in this context. Roberto Clemente died tragically on a mission of mercy. After the tragedy, he was honored by having countless things named after him, much like our country did with John F. Kennedy after 11/22/63. Sandy Koufax didn't die tragically. In fact, he's still alive. How often is a park or school named after a person who's still alive??? That's your benchmark for comparison??? If he died young and horribly, there would be countless sites named after him (especially in the Jewish community) as well. (But I'm sure you'd argue about that too.)

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.